
What used to be a days work now seems to take two. I started making jam yesterday and I just finished this morning. With all of the interruptions of feeding, diapering, chaufering, what I thought would be a days work turned into two. I made two batches of raspberry frezzer jam, two batches of huckleberry plum jelly, and one batch of huckleberry plum jam.
I find that a baby has a way of slowing life down. Which isn't always a bad thing. I started back to work on Monday and planned on a 4-5 hour day. With Sampson as my work partner it turned into a 7 1/2 hour day. I found myself getting frustrated, but now I know I just need to slow down, enjoy the day with him in tow, and be grateful that I get to take him with me.


3 comments:
I agree a long day seems to get longer when things don't get done. Babies seem to do that, but I would not trade it for the world. Hope things are going great. Still have not sent your present what smucks we are. Thank you for your box, we got it around the time he was born. We will get things in order soon. Miss you guys.
Woman! What are you thinking? Just kidding! I completely agree, the baby is putting me in a time warp too. I can't seem to get anything done lately. It's like I live on another planet where everything is in slow motion. I hope work doesn't do you in. If you ever want someone to help out I would be happy to tag along.
Way to go on the jam!! I look forward to tasting some of it...hint, hint. : ) Next time you want to make jam or can anything, give me a ring. I'd love to help you out and then maybe a day's work can actually be "a day's work." Talk to you soon! Chauntelle
Post a Comment